Osterville Village Library services for K-12 schools and local preschools include:
- Book Loan Services: Email, call, or visit us 2 weeks ahead of time and we will compile a collection of up to 25 books and media tailored to a specific lesson topic. [Books can be loaned for 4 weeks with your ‘educators’ library card’ and renewed for 2 weeks more.]
- Class Field Trips: Email, call, or visit us to set up a field trip to our library for:
- student research, storytimes or booktalks
- an introduction to our library building and collections
- a lesson on how to search for and place reserves on books/media in the CLAMS catalog
- a lesson on how to download ebooks onto a tablet from our OverDrive collection.
- Student Displays: Do you have a special collection of students’ writings, artwork or projects that you would like displayed for the public to enjoy? Contact us to talk about the possibilities; we’ll even help you host a bring-a-parent-to-the-library event.
FOR HOMESCHOOLERS, SCOUTS AND MORE
Community as Classroom
Every service the Osterville Village Library offers to traditional teachers we offer to homeschooling parents as well… and more.
Ask us about: book loan services, student displays, and class field trips
Our library spaces are available to groups of homeschoolers for lessons and events. On your next library visit, talk with our Youth Services Librarian (a former homeschooling parent) about programs and services tailored to fit your needs.
Contact us to plan programs that help Scouts earn patches, beads or badges.
Borrow one of our Museum Passes for a homeschooling day out.
Contact us to coordinate community service internships for teens.
CHOOSING GOOD CHILDREN'S BOOKS
Follow this link to go to our Services page, where you'll find:
- What should I read?
- Which books for which ages?
- Choosing "best books" for children and teens
- Storybooks online
- Not just for kids
- Author and Illustrator websites